As we say farewell (good riddance?) to one of the most challenging years on record, there's no better time to review the most popular stories published by DPme.com over the past 12 months.
Each of these articles received minimum four-figure hits during 2009, ranking them above all others as the most topical of the year.
So without further ado, here are the stories that ranked 21st to 25th in the list of 2009's most-read.
25. Sound & Stage Awards recognise top industry talent
S&S Awards 2009 honour excellence in pro audio, live events industries.
24. UAE TRA turns financial blowtorch on Etisalat
Etisalat faced the prospect of massive fines from the TRA due to 'anti-competitive behaviour'.
23. Flash beats rivals to snare Kings of Leon
Rockers perform at Yas Island as part of Yasalam F1 festival.
22. Al Jazeera Sport expansion plans revealed
Broadcaster deployed technology to support seven new TV channels.
21. iPhone 3G: The great Middle East telco swindle?
Should Middle East telcos have been forced to offer the $99 iPhone handset?