SES touches more households

ASTRA Satellite System at 23.5 degrees East reaches 870,000 homes.
Broadcast, Satellite, SES, SES Astra, News, Delivery & Transmission

Share

SES S.A. has announced that its ASTRA Satellite System situated at 23.5 degrees East now covers an additional 140,000 households, bringing its total reach up to 870,000. This represents an annual growth of 20 percent.

Today 1.1 million homes in the Benelux markets receive their programming from ASTRA. 80 percent of these homes receive programmes from the two orbital positions 23.5 and 19.2 degrees East, while the other 20 percent are served from 19.2 degrees East only. These are the results of the year-end Satellite Monitor that SES presents each year.

Norbert Hölzle, Senior Vice President Commercial Europe, SES said: “We are very happy with the outcome of the SES Satellite Monitor. It confirms that, in only five years time, ASTRA 23.5 degrees East has firmly established itself as the leading and fastest growing satellite position for the Benelux region, in conjunction with the ASTRA 19.2 degrees East position. This great success in a region formerly dominated by terrestrial infrastructures is the result of a very close and solid cooperation between all market partners involved: M7 Group, free-tv broadcasters, the satellite equipment resellers, installers and SES.”

The growth of the ASTRA 23.5 degrees East position’s reach in the Netherlands and Belgium has been spurred on by the launch of Dutch regional channels and a wide range of High Definition (HD) channels. The orbital position 23.5 degrees East is also used for the transmission of the Luxembourg TV channels.

Most Popular

Editor's Choice

StarzPlay’s tech powers India’s Lionsgate Play
Provides managed services, developed by StarzPlay, to mark successful launch of Lionsgate Play ...
Subscribe to Digital Studio Middle East
The latest editor of Digital Studio Middle East, the foremost and most respected platform for ...
Dubai's Faisal Hashmi working on feature film
10 short films in 10 years has earned Faisal Hashmi international plaudits at film festival, ...

Don't Miss a Story