Pay-TV viewers demand YouTube

Only 20% willing to pay for YouTube content however.
Pay TV, YouTube, News, Delivery & Transmission

Share

In a post on its website, Parks Associates reports that 59% of US broadband households want access to YouTube content via their pay-TV service.

The ever increasing number of connected devices has been highlighted as a key driver for the increase in online video options. The international research film also says that over 80% of viewers who are interested in YouTube are keen on a free, advertising-based offering, leaving only 20% willing to pay for YouTube content.

The research firm also points out that YouTube is pouring cash into more original and professional content, with a growing lineup of channels and new functions such as Channel Search. By creating a more TV-like experience, YouTube enhances its value proposition to viewers, advertisers, and pay-TV providers.

Most Popular

Editor's Choice

StarzPlay’s tech powers India’s Lionsgate Play
Provides managed services, developed by StarzPlay, to mark successful launch of Lionsgate Play ...
Subscribe to Digital Studio Middle East
The latest editor of Digital Studio Middle East, the foremost and most respected platform for ...
Dubai's Faisal Hashmi working on feature film
10 short films in 10 years has earned Faisal Hashmi international plaudits at film festival, ...

Don't Miss a Story