Avid has announced the availability of key updates to its professional mixing solutions that form a key part of the Avid Artist Suite of creative tools for audio, video and live sound production. The new versions of Pro Tools | S6 and System 5 deliver streamlined workflows aimed towards empowering mixing professionals to handle the biggest and most complex mixes.
As part of the Avid Artist Suite, Pro Tools | S6 and System 5 are run on the Avid MediaCentral Platform, through which users can access an even wider range of tools and experts for collaboration, music production, and monetisation of their own content. The System 5 version 6.0 software update also provides full support for and integration with Dolby Atmos®.
Some of the enhancements offered by Pro Tools | S6 software version 1.2 are:
• VCA Spill - ability to spill VCA slaves onto the surface from a VCA master to access and update as necessary
• Multi-workstation layouts – ability to map channels onto the surface from any of EUCONTM-connected DAW, side by side
• Expand mode – ability to expand a plug-in and its parameters across a single or double knob module
• Audio editing from an S6 channelstrip - a user can fade in or out a clip, trim the head or tail, slip or nudge it in time, adjust its clip gain and more
• Vary the scrolling waveform speed - from one second up to 60 seconds
• Gain reduction enhancements – high-resolution gain reduction meters on channel display modules and master module home page
• Integrated DVI switcher control - switch multiple workstation screens to one TFT via the serial control of either a Gefen or Guntermann & Drunck switcher
• Automation LED indicators on knob modules
• Soft Key Editor - allows users to customise the four banks of soft keys