Nikon Middle East FZE has announced that it will be releasing the official version (ver. 1.0) of Capture NX-D, its new RAW image development and adjustment software application, for free download beginning July 15, 2014
Capture NX-D is a software application developed to allow full-scale development of RAW images with simple operations. It enables high-quality photofinishing of images captured in RAW format by Nikon digital SLR cameras, Nikon 1 advanced cameras with interchangeable lenses, and COOLPIX compact cameras that support this capability.
The official version of this application, incorporating ideas and requests from beta-version users, include user interface improvements and the ways in which adjustments are applied, for example, to white balance. Support for RAW images captured with the new Nikon D810 digital SLR camera has also been added. The improved Picture Control system, when working with Capture NX-D, allows for direct adjustments be made on images captured with the D810 and earlier Nikon cameras.
Primary features of the software include:
• Specialised for the development of RAW images with native development processing that makes the most of a Nikon camera performance
• Supports simple editing of JPEG and TIFF images
• Floating palettes that are easy to use with a large monitor and/or multiple monitors
• A variety of displays, including comparisons of multiple images and before-and-after images
• Adoption of the sidecar file format, which records and saves adjustment information in a separate file