Extron Electronics has introduced the DSC 3G-3G A, a high performance 3G-SDI scaler that converts between 3G-SDI, HD-SDI, and SDI resolutions and frame rates.
The DSC 3G-3G accepts, scales, and outputs SMPTE video resolutions from 480i and 576i up to 1080p/60 and 2K. It features advanced Extron video signal processing with 1080i deinterlacing and Deep Colour processing for optimal image quality, and also provides flexible audio capability with analog audio embedding, de-embedding, and level adjustments.
Dual SDI outputs, genlock, and an input loop-through facilitate integration in demanding professional environments, while the compact enclosure simplifies installation. The DSC 3G-3G A is ideal for applications with professional video systems, including video editing and production, rental and staging, medical imaging, and large-scale presentations.
Casey Hall, vice president of sales and marketing for Extron, said: "Multi-rate SDI signals are ideal for transmitting high definition video in AV systems with SDI-equipped devices, but converting between resolutions and frame rates while delivering optimal video quality can be a challenge. The DSC 3G-3G A includes a powerful scaling engine and video processing capabilities that ensure consistent, reliable 3G-SDI cross conversion with great picture quality, plus essential audio integration features, in a compact enclosure that saves valuable rack space."
The DSC 3G-3G A offers several features that enhance and simplify AV system integration, including:
- Two simultaneous 3G-SDI/HD-SDI/SDI outputs so that two displays can be driven simultaneously.
- Input equalisation that conditions incoming 3G-SDI signals to compensate for signal loss over long input cables.
- Reclocking on the SDI input loop-through eliminates high frequency jitter.
- SDI audio management, input gain and attenuation controls, input audio muting, and output volume control.
- Analog two channel audio input and output for embedding audio onto the SDI output, or sending de-embedded content to a sound system or other audio destination.
- Output that can be set for stereo or dual mono.