Universal Electronics Inc. (UEI) will unveil the latest upgrade to its QuickSet platform to the EMEA market at TV Connect in April.
QuickSet - an embedded software solution for one touch view control that requires no manual device setup or programming - ensures that smart devices and other electronics can seamlessly control the home entertainment experience. The software is currently deployed in over 100 million devices around the world including set-top boxes, connected TVs, media devices, game consoles, smartphones, and tablets.
The upgrade also sees the incorporation of Control Plus Technology, which allows consumers to simply plug in a new device, have it discovered and set up automatically, and have activities such as “Watch TV” automatically enabled with a single touch.
QuickSet 3.0 is available for television, mobile and set-top boxes and features include:
• Automated Device Set Up – automatically detects and sets up control interfaces for most IP and HDMI-connected devices using data transmitted over these networks
• Intelligent filtering and prioritisation based on market and location-specific metadata to show only relevant equipment
• Device control database that is continuously updated and connected via online web services
• Support across a range of platforms including Linux, Android, iOS, and Windows as well as specific services for RDK and Android platforms
• Support for any bi-directional wireless standard for over-the-air download to a remote device, including ZigBee RF4CE, Bluetooth Smart, and Wi-Fi
QuickSet 3.0 will be on display on stand MR2 at this year's TV Connect 2015, taking place at London’s ExCeL Arena.