The Dubai Film and TV Commission (DFTC), has today announced an internship programme for aspiring filmmakers to gain first-hand film-making experience on the upcoming 'Star Trek' production journey in Dubai.
The internship programme will run from September 13th to October 15th 2015, which may vary depending on the filming schedule, and will offer young filmmakers the opportunity to participate in both the pre-production and filming phases of the movie.
During the programme, interns will learn about the structure and organisation of a film set, and will gain hands-on experience across a range of departments, including production office, assistant director, locations, hair and make-up, set design, wardrobe and VFX.
Star Trek Beyond is scheduled to film in Dubai in October this year and is set for release in the US and the UAE in July 2016.
The filming in Dubai is testament to the emirate and the UAE’s status as an international production hub and will provide a major boost to the filming and tourism industries in Dubai.
Jamal Al Sharif, chairman of Dubai Film and TV Commission, said: “We are delighted to be able to offer this exciting opportunity to aspiring filmmakers, who will have the chance to gain international exposure, learn about new aspects of the film industry and earn valuable on-set experience. The interns will also have the chance to be part of a global franchise, engage with renowned industry professionals, and learn about the advanced facilities and infrastructure that Dubai offers as a filming destination.”
About the Internship
Interested and qualified applicants may apply by submitting a cover letter by 3rd September, stating why they are interested in working on the film and what key strengths they can bring to the project, together with a copy of their CV to email@example.com
• Candidate has the legal authorisation to reside in the UAE for the duration of the internship
• Degree in or working towards a degree in film and/or work experience in film preferred
• Knowledge of computer skills – Microsoft Office
• Excellent oral and written communication skills in English and Arabic would also be beneficial
• Candidates must be proactive and detail oriented
• Must have strong interest in film
• Must be willing to work long and unsociable hours
• Must attend a mandatory orientation day