The Digital Studio Awards 2018 were held at a glittering awards gala event at the Park Hyatt Dubai. The awards acknowledge industry excellence for the TV, film, and broadcast production sectors in the Middle East.
The Digital Studio Awards brings together the best of the TV, film, and broadcast production industry, with more than 300 senior figures from the region’s studios, broadcasters, pre-production, and post-production facilities gathering to witness the winners in hotly contested categories. This year marks the 14th instalment of the awards acknowledging the best industry achievements the Middle East has to offer. The 2018 Digital Studio Awards took place at Park Hyatt in Dubai on 21st March.
The Winners of the 16 awards categories were:
1. Best Content Capture award winner - Artology Creative for the “#upforit” video.
2. Best Live Action Capture award winner is 7 Production & Events for Kingdom of Saudi Arabia National Day Coverage.
3. Best Special Effects / CGI award goes to Real Image TV Production for the MRM Business Awards video.
4. Best Use of Animation award winner is ‘Shamsa Animation’ by Cinematic Social Media
5. Best Editing award goes to Dubai Water Canal documentary by Real Image TV Productions.
6. Outstanding Achievement in Workflow award is won by Avid for the Al Aan TV installation.
7. Immersive Content Award goes to the Karim & Noor holotoon created by Blink Studios.
8. Excellence in Post Production award goes to the Pro Dubai video created for Dubai Chamber by Real Image TV Production.
9. Studio of the Year winner goes to twofour54.
10. Best Technical Installation goes to TSL Systems for the systems integration and design of the new MBC1 studio.
11. Content Delivery Platform of the Year goes to STARZ PLAY.
12. Satellite Services Innovation of the Year winner is du - Enterprise Broadcast & Media services, for its High Definition DTH delivery platform.
13. Best Technology Innovation award goes to Vizrt for the VizEclipse cutting-edge virtual overlay solution
14. Distributor Initiative of the Year award goes to Advanced Media Trading.
15. Best Service Innovation award winner is STARZ PLAY
16. Broadcast Executive of the Year award is won by Martin Stewart, Chief Executive Officer of OSN.
Martin Stewart said to Digital Studio after accepting the award, "It feels great. I am very proud to be accepting the award on behalf of OSN. I'm very honoured to lead such an awesome company. It's very much a team effort at OSN."
“At du, we pride ourselves on our ability to innovate across sectors and come up with versatile services and solutions that make a meaningful difference in our customers’ lives,” said Hany Aly, Executive Vice President, Enterprise Business, du. “As the media industry transforms and adapts to keep up with new and evolving consumer behaviors, we are taking the opportunity to expand our services to push limits and break boundaries surrounding content quality, distribution, and accessibility. We are honored and delighted to accept the award for ‘Satellite Services Innovation of the Year’ at this year’s Digital Studio Awards, which serves as a testament to our continued dedication to innovating in different ways and fulfilling our customers’ unique needs.”