The Digital Studio Awards 2019 were held at a glittering awards gala evening filled with musical entertainment, networking, and a fun-filled awards presentation. The awards acknowledge industry excellence for the TV, film, and broadcast production sectors in the Middle East.
The Digital Studio Awards brings together the best of the Middle East TV, film, and broadcast production industry, with more than 300 senior figures from the region’s studios, broadcasters, pre-production, and post-production facilities gathering to witness the winners in hotly contested categories along with many executives visiting Dubai for the annual CABSAT exhibition.
This year marks the 15th installment of the awards acknowledging the best industry achievements the Middle East has to offer. The 2019 Digital Studio Awards took place at The H Hotel in Dubai on 13th March.
The Winners of the 13 awards categories are:
1. Content Capture of the Year - WILD DUBAI - Discovery Networks / Plimsoll Productions
2. BEST LIVE ACTION CAPTURE - AFC ASIAN CUP 2019 - 7 Production & Events
3. Best Special Effects / CGI - Spacetoon Group for Zafari animated series
4. Best Technical Installation Award - HSE24 Studios in Dubai Studio City - One Diversified LLC
5. Best Technology Innovation Award - AGL VR Seat Experience - UAE Pro League Committee
6. Best Use of Animation - Dubai Award for Sustainable Transport 2018 - Real Image Production
7. Outstanding Achievement in Workflow - Abu Dhabi Media Microservices Projects - Imagine Communications
8. Excellence in Post Production - Artology Creative - Abu Dhabi Airport - VIP Terminal
9. Content Delivery Platform of the Year - Viu - Vuclip Middle East
10. Service Initiative of the Year - mena.tv Content Hub - Channel Sculptor
11. Studio of the Year - twofour54
12. Broadcast Executive of the Year - Amanda Turnbull - Discovery, Middle East & Africa
13. Original Production of the Year - The Open Road - Fox Networks Group & Electric Films