Avid unveiled a wave of innovative tools, apps, services, and solutions at Avid Connect 2018, the annual gathering of the Avid Customer Association (ACA). Avid has expanded its product offerings with advancements across its MediaCentral platform for creative and aspiring professionals, production teams and media enterprises working across news, sports, live production and post production. These products and services will be demonstrated during the NAB Show, April 9-12.
Avid also announced an extensive Avid Main Stage roster at NAB and a new Avid Cloud Platform Theater, where visitors will explore emerging technologies for media creation, production and delivery.
“The massive changes in media and entertainment, while challenging, open up new doors for our customers and users to improve the way they work and secure better results for their businesses,” said Avid CEO and President, Jeff Rosica. “We’re excited to help them unlock their full potential by further accelerating our delivery of connected, open platforms of tools, apps, services and solutions that ensure it’s easier than ever before to create the most compelling content. We’re exceedingly grateful for the advantage that the Avid Customer Association provides by influencing Avid’s roadmap.”
Giving voice to thousands of members of the media industry’s preeminent customer and user community, the Avid Customer Association’s ACA Vote helps prioritize Avid’s product and innovation roadmap, as well as gather crucial insights and viewpoints of the industry at large.
Product news announced at the Avid Connect event include:
• Avid | On Demand – Avid unveiled Avid | On Demand, a SaaS cloud services and solutions platform that provides media production capabilities on demand. Avid | On Demand lets media organisations conveniently deploy the capabilities they need on a per-project basis with optimal elasticity—and without a drawn-out deployment phase or large capital outlay. Avid | On Demand services include Avid | AI, a new suite of Avid and third-party capabilities that automate content indexing, such as closed captioning verification, language detection, facial recognition, scene detection, and speech-to-text conversion. Avid | AI services introduced at Avid Connect include Avid Phonetic Search, Avid | Illuminate On Demand, Microsoft Cognitive Services, and Avid | Transformation Avid | On Demand cloud solutions include Avid | Shared Library On Demand and Avid | Editorial On Demand.
• Avid NEXIS | E5 NL – Avid introduced Avid NEXIS | E5 NL nearline storage solution. With the addition of this high-density on-premises solution to the Avid NEXIS family — Avid customers can efficiently manage media across all of their online, nearline, and archive storage resources.
• Avid VENUE | S6L Unified Platform – Avid announced a massive expansion to its award-winning Avid VENUE | S6L family of live sound systems, with three new control surfaces, a new engine, and two new I/O racks – all on a unified platform. Avid is showcasing the modularity and flexibility of the new VENUE to meet production, space, or budget requirements of all sizes. VENUE | S6L is the industry’s only live sound platform with 100% software, hardware, and show file compatibility across system components.
• Creative Tools Family and Avid Connect App – Avid unveiled an expansion of its Creative Tools Family, providing access to Avid’s iconic Pro Tools, Media Composer and Sibelius software for creative individuals at any stage of their career and teams of any size. Avid also introduced the Avid Connect App, which will be available to all of Avid’s 1.4 million account holders this summer, delivering a centralized “one-stop” experience for artists to find, connect and collaborate with each other on any laptop device. The Avid Connect App is an artist’s personalised connection into the Avid Artist Community and Marketplace. The app provides immediate access to everything an artist needs such as their profile, connections, projects and products.
• Maestro | PowerWall – Avid introduced the next generation Maestro | PowerWall display control and management solution that puts the power of UHD-quality graphics into the hands of any television broadcaster. The successor to Maestro I TD Control provides powerful video wall capabilities, a high-performance video processing engine, and real-time, data-driven graphics to more easily and rapidly infuse news, sports, and entertainment broadcasts with greater excitement to captivate viewers.
• News workflow innovations – Avid announced apps, services and solutions to accelerate news workflows with the cloud. These product updates are designed to optimise collaboration, accessibility and distribution required to capture the significant opportunity of engaging news viewers on any device. Avid is empowering news organisations to create, manage and deliver breaking news to television, social media and other outlets faster than ever before. Avid’s news workflow innovations integrate Avid’s industry-leading products including Avid | On Demand and new MediaCentral apps like MediaCentral | Publish, MediaCentral | Rundown, MediaCentral | Research, Maestro News, and x.news, as well as Avid NEXIS | E5 NL, FastServe | Playout, Avid | Shared Library On Demand, Avid | AI and Avid | Transformation.
• Post production workflow – Avid announced the immediate availability of its new generation of video post-production workflow innovations delivering greater integration for everyone from small editorial teams to global media enterprises. The new post workflow tools and solutions integrate MediaCentral | Editorial Management for collaborative asset management with Media Composer video editing software, the new Avid Artist | DNxID video I/O hardware, and Avid NEXIS software-defined storage.
• Sports workflow – Avid announced the immediate availability of workflow innovations for enabling sports broadcasters to streamline creation and airing of live ultra-high definition (UHD) programs. Avid’s sports workflow now integrates Avid FastServe, MediaCentral | Editorial Management, the MediaCentral | Log app, the YEPCO Sports Data Feed Connector, MediaCentral, Avid NEXIS software-defined storage, the Maestro graphics suite, including Maestro | Designer, Maestro | Live and Maestro | Telestrator, and Maestro studio solutions.